I have been cooking a lot more lately with my open summer days. Here is one I made tonight that is one of our favorites and very easy! It is adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com
- 2-3 nectarines, pitted and diced
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- optional - 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4(4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grate.
- To make the salsa, place the nectarines, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in a bowl; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt. Cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the olive oil in a small bowl. Brush the pork chops with oil, and season both sides evenly with the cumin mixture.
- Place pork loin chops on the preheated grill. Cook until lightly browned and juices run clear, about 4 minutes on each side - DO NOT overcook!
- Place pork chops on serving plates, and top with a generous spoonful of salsa.