Sunday, June 7, 2009

Boston Friends

We were at a party for one of our friends in Boston last night, and it dawned on me how I am surrounded by incredibly intelligent and inspiring friends (including my amazing husband) who are doing great things. Here is a small sampling of what they do (which I will no doubt be simplifying):
  • Genetic research on Cancer
  • DNA research (very specific and groundbreaking, but honestly I didn't understand much of what he was saying)
  • Clean Coal Energy - creates energy from coal with NO pollution and does not use water
  • Many important public health issues - including sexually trafficking of women, where she is traveling to Nicaragua and Costa Rica for 4 weeks to research this topic
  • Finance investments
  • Real Estate investments
  • Design engineer
  • Social work
  • Lawyer
  • Endodontist
  • And then me - the high school math teacher
Yet, they still know how to have a good time!!













1 comment:

Katelyn Mack said...

BBQ pictures!! Thanks for posting Kari. And don't forget yourself in that mix of smart, talented people. I can't wait to see you when I get home!