Monday, October 13, 2008

Apples!!


This weekend Todd and I went to an apple orchard with our friends from church. The orchard was up in Ipswich, MA. It was a beautiful area and a gorgeous Fall day (70 and Sunny - not a cloud in the sky). We took a hayride out to the orchard and picked our own apples (this was actually my first time doing this!). Then we got the necessary fresh doughnuts and cider, yummy!























Today I was lucky enough to have the day off. I spent half of the day making my first apple crisp and my mom's famous applesauce. Since I am no longer within driving distance to get her applesauce, I decided I needed to make it myself (it doesn't feel like fall without homemade applesauce). After calling her about 3 times, I think it came out very well - I am very proud of myself.
















Todd also wanted me to post a picture of his homemade guacamole that he made today :)

No comments: